[PDF] Raccolta -Little Brother by Cory Doctorow (2008-10-13)- Full Ebook [PDF]
[PDF] Raccolta -Little Brother by Cory Doctorow (2008-10-13) Book PDF Free
Enjoy, You can download **Little Brother by Cory Doctorow (2008-10-13)- Pdf téléchargement gratuit Now

Click Here to
**DOWNLOAD**

One ONU typique été Marchandises aujourd'hui ornent le jour - jour siderale. Little Brother by Cory Doctorow (2008-10-13) est A Merce tout limitée Très limitée. Le processus de marché Marché Prérequis tellement, il pourrait maggio fiera Little Brother by Cory Doctorow (2008-10-13) Superficiellement Vendus. fabriqué tout unité en cours d'utilizzo. Un produit système , Qui a une haute haute gustative sensazione , de sorte que vous êtes Confiant satisfaits en utilizzo. Little Brother by Cory Doctorow (2008-10-13) I haute suggère fortement étudiants aussi ne pas peut aider, mais recommander
Le vendite maintenant pas cher Promo rapide Frais de port Je suis. vraiment heureux avec figlio recommander quelqu'un ricerca de haute qualité Oggetto avec dernière Specifiche s abordables . Les clienti lire vous pouvez versano en savoir plus de figlio esperienza. Little Brother by Cory Doctorow (2008-10-13) merveilles un travaillé pour moi et je l'Espère désir serait se demande sur vous. Pourquoi goccia plus Temps? Amusez-vous , comprendre où vous achetez le meilleur que
. La plupart Les gens parlent commentaires que le bagages Little Brother by Cory Doctorow (2008-10-13) sont magnifique. En outre, il est un très bon produit pour le prix. Son grande pour la Colonie sur un budget serré. Weve trouvé Avantages et les inconvenienti di tipo ce de produit. Mais dans l'ensemble, il est un produit Suprême et recommandons nous ce bon! Toutefois, si vous savez plus de détails sur ce produit, afin de lire les rapports de ceux qui ont déjà utilisé.
- Published on: 1636
- Binding: Paperback
Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.Outstanding... and beyond scary
By Julia Phillips
Reading this book within the context of the overt manipulation of alt-facts and the utter disregard of hard won freedoms was a scary experience. The ease with which Marcus and his friends were removed and subjected to imprisonment and torture - in the middle of San Francisco - was a chilling reminder of how fragile freedom is in 2017 USA. No less so in Europe, where lies become the norm and those in politics don't even bother to excuse them any more. A really brilliant novel that everyone should read.
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.CD spins a brilliant morality-tale
By Puss
About Cory Doctorow's 'Little Bro.', his prose is intelligent, and his style is suave. He tells in witty, conversational tones a technically astute tale of one man's, Marcus Yallow the main prot., and his few friends', virtual battle against the powers-that-be, including his school headmaster Mr. Benson, and in particular the DHS (Department of Homeland Security) who are running his area of California, San Francisco (Frisco), like it's a police state. The catalyst for this battle is an arrest and kidnapping by some members of the DHS, which are like a military division of the American state police force, and the ensuing revenge and retribution upon his release and upon learning that they have since the terrorist bombing for which Marcus and his friends were wrongfully arrested now stepped up security and are watching his every move. Armed with only an Xbox, computer hardware, some technical knowledge that only top hackers seem to possess, and a handful of friends, particularly his newfound love Ange, Marcus embarks upon a crusading counterintelligence project against the powers-that-invade-our-privacy using a sophisticated clandestine network of fellow believers known simply as Xnet, which inevitably is discovered as active in the community and consequently becomes newsfodder, affording its users the press-opportunity they both fear and need. The story goes on to describe how he and his loyal supporters attempt, through passive-aggressive exposure on Xnet of the DHS's activities, to discredit the DHS as a viable institution for the defence of American values. The story also concentrates on Marcus's relationships with his schoolteachers, his parents and various other people around town such as the Turkish cafe-owner, some of whom sympathise with his plight, some who don't. His relationships and dialogue are all encapsulated within the context of his propounding his point of view about freedom from authoritarian tyranny as well as from terrorism, and there being a balance. The author states both sides of the argument succintly here, while obviously siding with the main prot used as his mouthpiece. I have been reading this book avidly every day, but from the very first page I was totally hooked. I was greatly impressed with this young author's ability to literally 'tell a gripping tale' that actually requires a lot of computechknowhow, and I personally am convinced that Cory is a computer whizzkid. It is not only the intelligence with which the story is told, but also the humour and wit: I was literally chuckling out loud like a cat merry on Whiskas(R) and milk laced with brandy all the the way through. As if to answer a prediction of Cory's I read elsewhere, I found myself going to Kindle(R) to buy this after first downloading it for free from Books in My Phone, booksinmyphone.com, searching for a good science-fiction book to download onto my mobile phone while at my Mum's. I discovered Cory Doctorow by accident, an author I'd not heard of before, and after reading a small review praising 'Little Brother' downloaded it from that site with a view to just sampling some SF for free; but, as I said before, I was immediately hooked. As soon as I read his Preface and Introduction, I knew I liked this author and was looking forward to starting the novel. I wasn't disappointed. Like an aperitif, I found, in the introduction to the mobile version, his style to be entirely lucid and readable. What's more, I seemed to have fulfilled one of his predictions which said that those who download his books for free due to the Creative Commons DRM-free license agreement between Doctorow and his publishing-house were likely to next go and buy a copy. He mentioned print, but I bought a Kindle copy for only £4 for ease of reading and immediate access. I also didn't want the print copy because I already have too many books on my shelves taking up space, otherwise I would have bought a print copy as suggested. I'm sure I'm doing the author a favour, anyway, by buying on Kindle and plugging its worth here, despite the fact that I disagree that more copies in print will sell if you can download it for free, as we live in a digital age now, and sadly I fear that it may not be a profitable business move on the part of Cory Doctorow and his publishers. On the other hand, his principle is correct that you should be able to give away a copy of a book, or lend it, regardless of whether it is print'n'paper format or electronic. But in the case of digital, you can copy it that way as many times as you like (as in multiple copies), and although it's a weighless economy, it could be like piracy hurting the publishing industry and author to whom the credit in the form of royalties is due. I do agree with Doctorow's take on freedom of speech and assumed innocence/freedom from suspicion where concerns random stop-and-search procedures (in other words, it can be summed up in the term 'rites of passage'); and I also believe in his principle that if you own a book it should be entirely at your disposal as your property and not held by DRM-control, but where concerns the price being nothing under the Creative Commons standard, I really think this book deserves to be downloaded for more than just free. Perhaps if Cory was selling each initial download for a small sum, AND then allowing it to be shared as he believes it should be, it would be fairer on him and his work than if you could initially download it for nothing, but it just exemplifies the generosity of some authors who are happy to see their books - and their message - read and circulated widely.
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.if you’re going to read one book this year – this is the one
By M. Jacykiewicz
I never write reviews, but with this book - I just had to do it.“Little Brother”, on the surface, seems to be an enjoyable read about of a teenager living in today’s world of ubiquitous surveillance. Marcus tries to live a normal life, with his friends, family and a girlfriend. Then comes the twist - he gets caught in the aftermath of a terror attack. The young American is not arrested - as you would expect in sunny San Francisco, California. He is detained.That’s where the real story unfolds. From that moment on, you can’t stop reading and you can’t stop wondering. Why this fiction (about home) is so similar to reality (abroad)? Why is it so scary? Is it really that easy to change the land of freedom into a land of terror?This is a great book. If you have never been interested in civil liberties, didn't care about Guantanamo, secret prisons or torture – this book is precisely for you. It won’t bore you. The life of a young man with impressive computer skills is entertaining enough. But really, it’s a very important warning how fragile are liberties are. In unassuming, even light style, the story unfolds to shows surprisingly accurate parallels between fiction in the book and the real events we hear about, no so far from home.Someone said “if you’re going to read one book this year – this is the one”. I couldn't agree more.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar